What is the BMW X5 Towing Capacity?
San Mateo drivers who want to take advantage of 2020 BMW X5 towing have engine, drivetrain and accessory options that max out the BMW X5 towing capacity at 7,200 pounds. That makes this vehicle a top choice for work and play. Peter Pan BMW has gathered the details pertinent to your BMW X5 towing experience, such as the BMW engines on this SUV, the BMW X5 tow package, the BMW X5 tow hitch, and more below.
BMW X5 Towing: The BMW X5 Tow Package
The BMW X5 Tow Package is an ideal way to maximize your towing capabilities at 7,200 pounds.
- For tough jobs around San Francisco, purchase the BMW X5 tow package
- This only costs an addition $550 dollars
- Find a dedicated service center for parts or for help with installation
BMW X5 Towing: Trim Options and Engine Options
Redwood City drivers know to expect high-performance vehicles from BMW. You can get the BMW X5 tow hitch on any X5 vehicle, in addition to important performance features such as BMW xDriveall-wheel drive, increased horsepower/torque, and a max payload with trim upgrades.
- BMW X5 sDrive40i / BMW X5 xDrive40i has a 3L turbocharged V6 engine that gives you 335 hp, 330 lb-ft of torque, up to 7,200 pounds of towing and a max payload of 827 lbs
- BMW X5 xDrive50i has a4.4L twin-turbocharged V8 engine gives you 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque, with up to 7,200 pounds of towing and a max payload of 871 lbs.
- The BMW X5 M50i, an M Sport model, tops off the list when it comes to power: a 4.4L twin-turbocharged V8 engine gives you a whopping523 hp and 553 lb-ft of torque, up to 7,200 lbs of towing and a max payload of 882 lbs
All of these trims give you 8-speed automatic transmission that can switch between Eco Pro, Comfort, and Sport modes depending on your needs! If you’re getting ready to tow, member to check your tire pressure before you head out on the roads near San Francisco.
BMW X5 Towing: Other Performance Enhancements
The X5 isn’t just a towing machine – it is also an SAV® designed for all kinds of driving situations in Burlingame. In addition to the BMW X5 tow hitch, get the following standard and available performance upgrades:
- Rear Differential Lock – this is an electronically-controlled lock on your rear wheels for difficult turns.
- Multiple kinds of suspension, including Adaptive M Suspension and 2-axle Air Suspension can change your vehicle’s distance from the road for improved control and comfort on uneven terrain.
- Finally, the xOffroad Package is an advanced suite of performance features available for the real adventurers. You can choose between various modes for all kinds of driving situations.
Test Drive the 2020 BMW X5 at Peter Pan BMW
If the BMW X5 towing capacity seems like the right fit for you, the best way to truly find out about this vehicle is to get behind the wheel. At Peter Pan BMW we’re proud to share our experience and expertise with San Mateo drivers who want to make an informed decision about their next vehicle. Find the X5 among our lease and finance specials and even securely apply for financing online! Contact us for any other questions about BMW X5 towing, BMW X7 trims, or even to learn about the BMW X5 interior and more, and let us know when you want to see this SAV® in action.
Learn More with Peter Pan BMW
The 2021 BMW X5 towing capacity reaches up to 7,200 pounds with any traditional turbocharged gasoline engine, or even up to 5,952 pounds with the new plug-in hybrid configuration. With any powertrain, you’ll need to add the optional BMW X5 tow hitch ($550) in order to reach the maximum capacity on San Francisco roads. No matter…
The new 2021 BMW 4 Series is here and turning heads on San Francisco roads. This stylish coupe has no trouble gaining attention. So what’s it like to sit behind the wheel? Learn more about the all-new 2021 BMW 4 Series interior with us at Peter Pan BMW before you schedule a test drive in your favorite trim…
Are you dreaming of owning a new 2021 BMW X7? The BMW X7 SUV turns heads around San Mateo for a good reason. It’s a three-row Sports Activity Vehicle that features luxury in every detail. At a base MSRP of $74,900, the MSRP for the 2021 BMW X7 is only slightly higher than it was for the 2020 model….